When you receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), please complete the Change of Classification application. The application must be approved prior to change of tuition rate.
4. INDEPENDENT STUDENTS
Students who are in any one of the following categories are considered Independent:
- Is 24 years of age or older
- Is enrolled in a graduate level program of study
- Is married
- Has children or dependents who receive more than half of support from them
- Is an orphan
- Is or was a ward of the court until age 18
吉林快3回血计划Independent students must provide documentation proving their independent status.
5. Dependent Students
吉林快3回血计划Students who do not meet at least one of the Independent criteria are automatically considered Dependent.??
6. Qualifications to be considered for the in-state tuition rate
In general, classification of in-state status for tuition purposes requires an individual to have established domicile in the State of Delaware for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to the beginning of the term for which he or she is applying.
7. How to retrieve application
Below are the links for the Dependent In-State Tuition Application Form and the Independent In-State Tuition Application Form.? Complete the appropriate form and submit ALL supporting documentation.? If you experience difficulty uploading or submitting documentation, please contact us at registrar [at] desu.edu.
8. Supporting Documents
Classification of in-state status for tuition purposes requires an individual to have established domicile in the State of Delaware for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to the beginning of the term for which he or she is applying. You may be asked for some, all or additional Supporting Documentation. Supplying all documents requested in no way guarantees approval of the petition.?For purposes of clarification, you may be contacted for more information.?All application documents must be submitted along with a completed application.? **Incomplete applications will be denied along with Applications with no supporting documents. ?
- Complete, signed classification for tuition application*
- A filed Delaware resident income tax return
- A federal tax return showing Delaware as the state of domicile of the applicant or the person on whom the classification depends*
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Proof of ownership of or leasehold interest in a bona fide permanent home in Delaware that is occupied as the primary*
- Photocopy of visa, permanent resident?card or other immigration documents for petitioners who are not U.S. citizens
- Pay Stub
- Military Orders*
- Military ID card (Sponsor and dependent, if applicable).
- Certificate of Eligibility*
*For yearly income amounting to less than $5,500.00, verification of employment must be documented and reviewed.
9. Application Process
吉林快3回血计划Please complete the application through your banner account and send supporting documents right after completing application. The In-State tuition review committee will review application and forward a decision to your DESU email. If you have been approved, you should see the change of rate in your student account. If you were disapproved, you may put in an appeal for reconsideration. Applications can be submitted for review 60 days prior to the start of the Semester.? All applications to be considered for a specific semester must be submitted prior to the first day of the semester.
10. Application Appeal process
All appeals to a denial of the review process will be reviewed by the Registrar.? Students can submit an appeal in writing to the committee via registrar [at] desu.edu吉林快3回血计划.?Once the appeal is received by the committee, the committee will submit to the Registrar for review.? All appeal decisions are final.?If a student does not receive a favorable decision through the appeal process, the student may not submit another request for change in tuition rate for the same semester.