The Assessment Office oversees a holistic assessment process at the institution. This Office works collaboratively with units to ensure that they are implementing efficient and sustainable assessment plans. This includes verifying that units are collecting data that are used to improve programs/services and enhance student learning. This Office works closely with the Information Technology and Institutional Research units to facilitate data collection and reporting. Furthermore, this Office contributes to the assessment of strategic initiatives and supports efforts to attain and maintain various accreditations. The Assessment Office serves as the primary source for assessment resources, workshops, training, and recent directives from accrediting bodies.?Lastly, this Office assists units with the analysis and reporting of assessment data for the purpose of demonstrating that the institutional mission of preparing students to “become competent, productive, and contributing citizens” is being carried out.
Undergraduate Student Learning Goals
Delaware State University provides a wide range of experiences designed to prepare our graduates to be:
- competent communicators;
- effective inquirers, critical thinkers, and problem-solvers able to use appropriate quantitative and qualitative information;
- ethical, collaborative, and productive citizens of a complex, diverse world;
- independent learners able to integrate knowledge and technology to achieve personal and professional success.
Program Learning Goals are aligned with these Learning Goals. Course Learning Goals are aligned with the Program Learning Goals.
Campus Labs Resources
?- Get assistance from Campus Labs representatives, who will create a survey for you when you follow the instructions and submit a?Word document?of the survey items.?
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program and Student Learning Assessment
– An excellent resource for reports about Student Learning Outcomes assessment
Assessment Related Publications
- available as PDF downloads for printing or for purchase.
- is a quarterly journal on assessment issues/methods. This journal?is available from DSU library full text electronic journals (via Ebscohost)
- is available from DSU library full text electronic journals (via Ebscohost). This is a bimonthly newsletter.
- is a free-access online journal. Search for articles by title, author, descriptor, and keyword.
- is a free-access online journal from the Virginia Assessment Group.
- is a free-access online journal from ASQ (American Society for Quality) that includes articles on assessing student learning outcomes.
- is a free-access online journal containing articles about the use of e-portfolios in assessment.